Sunday 4 May 2008

Response to 'Inside My Mind'




The comment I posted said:- "I totally agree with what you're saying about bad manners. One of the things that rattles my cage at the moment is queueing. School kids and old people think they have some God given right to force their way in front - especially when it comes to buses. And, they're so arrogant about it, as it it's you that's in the wrong if you try to hold your ground."


Following on from that though, I was always taught to respect my elders so I don't normally 'fend off' the elderly when they try queue jumping. But I do try to block the way to stop younger bods from getting past. I make it so that they have to physically push me out of the way, and it usually does the trick. (If you should hear of anyone getting pushed under a bus - it'll probably be me!)


Another thing that annoys me is the way that some people will stand so close behind you in a queue that it feels like they're trying to get inside your clothes. What the hell is that all about? Are they just afraid that someone is going to 'queue jump' them?


I've always been too altruistic (or easy to walk all over?), but I'm afraid that I'm starting to get to the point where I'll be as bad as any of the queue jumpers in the world - especially when it makes a difference to whether I actually get on the bus or not and I know I was there waiting before anyone else!


The link below show a fairly brief study of queue jumpers - but it seems that it is becoming more of an occurance as time goes on. http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=175453
http://sm4eva-insidemymind.blogspot.com/index.html#7156887600873240300

No comments: