Thursday 17 April 2008

Spiritualism - Good or Bad?




Certain members of my family are great believers in the 'spirit world' and spiritualism in general - I'm not so sure though. I'll tell you why. They believe that when we 'pass over', our spirit supposedly goes to another plain with the promise of re-birth at some point in the future. All well and good so far?

How, then, can so many people who have been under regressive hypnotism claim to have been Cleopatra or Napoleon - and expect us to believe in it? If one spirit inhabits one body - how did these famous historical bods, and others like them, end up with hundreds? I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. Much the same when it comes to contacting the 'spirit world'; if a spirit is meant to be re-born over and over, how can these mediums expect us to believe our 'loved ones' are still on that astral plain and not tramping around somewhere in the world as a cat or something? Sorry, that was a bit flippant, but you understand what I'm getting at?

If people want to believe in this stuff, then that's their decision, but it does raise the question of whether it's all just a money making scam on the part of those who claim to hear voices and have spirit guides. My psychology tutor from college would say that these people would probably be diagnosed as schizophrenic for hearing voices, having visual hallucinations and delusions. That's his opinion, though I do lean towards agreeing with him to a certain extent.

I'm just a tad sceptical, 'cos my crystal ball told me to be! Just kidding. I just think that people should be a bit wary about jumping on the psychic bandwagon, that's all.

MEDIUMS - psychic medium and Spiritualism

1 comment:

Teleka said...

Well i don't think we should believe everything we hear until we've experienced it for ourselves. Some of us will and some of us won.t thats my opinion. I do think that everyone is born with a gift to decern but unless you are interested in spiritual awareness or tapping into your subconciousness we become oblivious to it. I do tend to believe there is some truth in it but not all.