Thursday 6 March 2008

It's Enough to Drive You MAD!!!!!


According to some 'experts', masturbation is supposed to cause depression and insanity. I would have thought that not releasing the pent up tension in that way is more likely to cause those conditions - along with frustration.

Forgive me for seeming to have a bee in my bonnet about it, it's just that I feel very strongly about the threat of incarceration of innocents supposedly suffering from some sort of mental illness. How likely it is, I don't know, but I read a government white paper last year at college proposing that anyone deemed having a threat to society could be held under the mental health act, and detained indefinately. This looks very much like a step back to the days in the late 1800s, and up to the 1950s when any and everyone who didn't conform to society's expectations and 'norms' could be shut away in an assylum.

Aren't there more pressing issues in this world that could do with being addressed before rounding up people off the street and herding them off to the nearest 'booby hatch'?

Masturbational INSANITY

No comments: